Now Hiring Lifeguards
Employee will work as a lifeguard and swim lesson assistant at City swimming pool. Must be certified in American Red Cross Lifeguarding Training, First Aid, & CPR for the Professional Rescuer before the first day of work.
Employees are not guaranteed a minimum number of hours but will work less than 40 hours per week. You must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
Must be 15 years old by May 22, 2022 and have own reliable transportation.
Duties Patrols and observes swimming pool areas, deck, and bathhouse.
· Performs rescues and utilizes his/her Professional Rescuer and Lifeguard training skills in both routine and emergency situations.
· Enforces pool rules and regulations for the safety and convenience of the public.
· Assists in the cleaning and upkeep of the bathhouse, pool, and deck, including, but not limited to, cleaning restroom facilities, vacuuming or sweeping the pool, picking up trash and litter.
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with Officials, other agencies, fellow employees, and the public.
· Regularly lifts to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts to 30 pounds.
· Expected to temporarily perform duties outside of normal classification in the event of a declared emergency. If an employee is excused from work other than being sick, they will be required to report to work in a state of declared emergency.
Required to possess a valid and current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Certification or can obtain the required certifications by employment start date.
Experience as a Lifeguard is not required but is preferred. Completion of the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training (R 94), CPR for the Professional Rescuer, and Standard First Aid, or equivalent, is required.
Good knowledge of the handling the public; ability to perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines; ability to quickly learn and use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology.
Regularly lifts to 10 pounds and occasionally lifts to 30 pounds. Frequent walking, standing, swimming, and sitting on guard duty. Occasional lifting, pushing, pulling, and towing of weight through water of up to 30 lbs. Normal range of vision for frequent scanning of pool surface and normal range of hearing.
Ninety percent of the work is performed outside with varying weather conditions to hot temperatures.
This is a seasonal position and is an EOE.
For any questions contact Thad at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 605-498-2906.
Applications can be picked up at Tea, City Hall, 600 E 1st St.