For door to door sales, a peddlers permit must be obtained from Tea City Hall during our office hours, M-F from 8 am to 5 pm. If a permit is needed for Saturday or Sunday, it must be obtained by Friday.
Fee: $25 per day for 2 people
- 3 people on permit, $50 per day. 4 people on permit, $50 per day. 5 people on permit, $75 per day.
Payments Accepted: Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover
Peddler Hours: 9 am to 8 pm
Information needed for permit:
- Business Contact Information
- Names of people going door to door (copies of ID's preferred)
- Specific date(s) of peddling
- Vehicle Information (Year, Make, Model, Color, License Plate State & Number)
- Copy of business South Dakota Sales Tax License
- Copy of brochures or information being handed to residents
Peddlers must stay on public streets and sidewalks. Absolutely no cutting thru lawns or backyards.
City maps are available at Tea City Hall.